Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:55:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gotta love you guys....  (Read 3372 times)

Offline dontwantapickle

• View Profile
Gotta love you guys....
« on: April 26, 2011, 05:35:37 PM »
New to the forum but gotta love the group....rides planned Friday, Saturday and Sunday...I'm getting performance anxiety...
Steve
2008 C14

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
Re: Gotta love you guys....
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 06:39:15 PM »
 YOU FORGOT MONDAYS!!! :oGJ
john pierson

Offline dontwantapickle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 06:56:13 PM »
Yes I did....nuff said.... ;D

Steve
2008 C14

Offline tk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 11:27:36 AM »
Yes, we are mostly about riding on this forum. Every day of the week if possible.

Offline dontwantapickle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 12:26:31 PM »
It's great...Hope to make the Slimey Crud ride Sunday.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate.
Steve
2008 C14

Offline Elk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 12:51:10 PM »
Currently the weather looks a bit tough for those of us without electrics

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 01:24:46 PM »
Currently the weather looks a bit tough for those of us without electrics

The endless grief I will receive will be easier to handle as I will be toasty and comfy. I"m towing my bike to Nelson.   ;D

Other are welcome to join me in my shame.   :P

These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline Tim...

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 06:02:39 PM »
No shame from my point of view.  Where will you park the trailer and tow vehicle?

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 06:11:57 PM »
It has no long been debated whether MSTA stands for Motorcycle Sport Touring Association or Motorcycle Sport Trailering Association.

Offline Tim...

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 06:27:12 PM »
Although not a card carrying (paying) member, either works for me.  What do I know, always thought that the "M" stood for Minnesota.

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 09:54:55 AM »
No shame from my point of view.  Where will you park the trailer and tow vehicle?

My first thought is to have breakfast at Beth's, then tip the waitstaff heavily and with a smile ask them if they mind me parking it (out of the way of course) in their parking lot. If they turn me down I may just park on the street as street parking is allowed along 35 there in town.

Trailer trash,
Greg
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline Jared

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 10:34:51 PM »
It has no long been debated whether MSTA stands for Motorcycle Sport Touring Association or Motorcycle Sport Trailering Association.

LOL

Offline flyinlow

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 09:21:04 AM »

That's an interesting statement, but if you look at sport bikes and where they were and where they are now, it kind of makes sense. When I first started riding (Honda's) in the early 80's, you had the CB1100F, then the Interceptors. Sporting street bikes to be sure but still fairly comfortable to ride for longer distances. Then you had the Hurricanes and the VFR's, better handling and designed for harder riding, but less comfortable. Then came the RR's, even better handling, power, but again, even less comfortable to ride longer distances.

So in order for the manufacturers to give us better weapons to carve up the road, they have had to give us more track like bikes.

I think there is going to be a resurgence in bikes like the Ninja 1000 that are more comfortable for longer distances yet still very good bikes for carving up a road and with engines tuned to give you a good balance between torque and horsepower. I think Honda missed the mark with the new Interceptor, they had a capable bike before, just needed some improvements.

The modern sport bikes today are so un-comfortable, especially if you are over 6' tall, they keep getting smaller. Try sitting on an Aprilia RSV4, you almost feel like you're riding a mini bike.

I recently picked up a 2011 KTM RC8R and the only reason I chose that bike is its adjustability and comfort. By far the most comfortable modern sport bike I've ever sat on (I'm 6'2"), but still not the type of bike you could do 200 miles on without stopping like my FJR was.

2008 Ducati Monster S4Rs Tricolore