Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:56:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Relatively new rider from Northfield...  (Read 3684 times)

Offline ANORXIC51

• View Profile
Relatively new rider from Northfield...
« on: June 01, 2011, 12:38:40 AM »
Good evening.

I was recommended to join after meeting Vince (was piloting a CBR1000RR-from a couple of other local forums) and Rachel while on a ride to the bluffs area of Hwy 60 @ Wabasha. I appreciate them taking the time to chat, as I know only a couple of riders here in the MN area.

I'm 29, live in Northfield, work as a delivery driver for McLane (after 6+ yrs doing OTR trucking) and currently ride an '08 GSX-R600. My only previous experience is a shortened first season on an '09 Ninja 250R (~1,100 miles and 2 DCTC trackdays). One of my working goals is to eventually develop the skills to warrant the purchase of an aprilia RSV4-R. Lusted after it ever since seeing it in person. Lust for the ape' turned to love after a friend let me ride his '10 standard model. :-) How small it is, combined with that engine......*heart flutters* Main goal is to enjoy the hobby as long as my body and mind allows, as well as become the best skilled rider I can be through education (be it from experienced riders in person, on the internet, or thru books/dvds) and on-track instruction.

I'm definitely looking forward to becoming more active in the local biking scene, as my previous job of being gone for a month/ home for 4 days didn't really lend itself to getting out and about to meet new people. Here are a few pics of the bike during some rides on some of the roads the SE MN/ SW WI region has to offer:

My plan is to put a few more miles on it, then head back to the track for more instruction. Hoping to do a few DCTC trackdays during the summer before doing the final BIR trackday/ school of the season at Brainerd in September. Stainless lines + upgraded pads (for the front) as well as -1 front sproket + chain should be in possession and on the bike early next week in time for my first DCTC event of the season in a couple of weeks. I'll be holding off on full exhaust + air/fuel management and suspension upgrades until I get somewhat proficient on this thing on closed courses.

Everyone ride safe and be attentive. Hope to meet up soon.

-Christian

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
Re: Relatively new rider from Northfield...
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 02:02:33 AM »
Hey now you found the right place I thought you may have forgot. Welcome.

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 07:19:18 AM »
Welcome, see ya on a ride soon.
MIKE DULUTH
Push Harder

Offline RCKT GRL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 09:05:25 AM »
Welcome to the forum Christian.  I recognize every single one of the roads in your pictures!  You've found a good group and I'll probably see you on a ride sooner or later or at DCTC or BIR. 
Those who have actually NEVER tried riding the track could learn a thing or 10 about being a better streetrider; because let's be honest; none of us (Greg) are as great as we think we are. LMAO!

Offline Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 12:48:39 PM »
Hi
Chris
----------

Offline carlson_mn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 04:58:36 PM »
Beautiful bike and welcome.  Keep an eye on the rides forum.
- Matt from Richfield
2008 FJR1300.  Yeah, it's got a shaft and bags. Let's ride

Offline Tim...

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 06:09:16 PM »
Nice photos, especially the one (or two?) on Mindoro Cut.  Who makes the case covers you have, they look awesome.

Welcome to the board!

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 09:15:29 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing you on a ride.

Offline Joel S

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 04:45:14 AM »
nice shots, and welcome.
16 FJR ES               More seat time, less feet time.

Offline Jared

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 07:20:04 PM »
Those look like Yosh covers.  Also welcome!!

Offline ANORXIC51

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 06:19:46 AM »
Hey now you found the right place I thought you may have forgot. Welcome.

Hey, Mr. Vince. Yes, I kind of did forget the name of the site, then realized I had a PM from yourself on the other board you told me about which refreshed my memory, lol. This seems like exactaly the sort of site and rider group I would enjoy most. Thanks again for takingbthe time out of your ride to talk. Hope to ride with you soon.

Welcome to the forum Christian.  I recognize every single one of the roads in your pictures!  You've found a good group and I'll probably see you on a ride sooner or later or at DCTC or BIR.  
Looking forward to it! Just sent an email to the man who puts on the HE event @ DCTC to see if I can show up tomorrow for the rain date reschedule. I originally thought I'd be working tomorrow, but got on a load Wed that got me back today, so hopefully he'll let me show up.with cash or check so I can get my first closed course event on this new-to-me bike done. :)

Nice photos, especially the one (or two?) on Mindoro Cut.  Who makes the case covers you have, they look awesome.

Welcome to the board!

Thanks, man. I'm suprised they came out halfway decent as they are just taken via Droid X camera. Just the one at the Cut sign is Mindoro, the 35 mph curve sign is on the CoRd 7 area between Vasa and Welch. Case savers are from Yoshimura. Kicking myself because I found out everything they make in that trademark copper-ish color can now be had in black. Oh well, lol.

Thanks to you all for the warm welcome. Definitely looks like a more mature crowd here. :-)

Take care and ride safe. Hope to see some of you soon.

-Christian
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 06:50:40 AM by ANORXIC51 »

Offline motorrad

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 06:54:16 PM »
hey...welcome!

Offline mnbandit1200

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 09:06:31 AM »
Hey Christian, it was great to meet you yesterday at H.E.. Give me a call, let's head up to BIR for the CRA events. Invite friends to join us. Pam also really enjoyed meeting you. You ever want to get some photo's with your ride, let me know. Feel free to e-mail or call anytime. You got my info. Later, Keith.

Offline tk

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2011, 12:14:07 PM »
Welcome! Very nice pictures. I recognize most of thos roads. See you around sooner or later.