Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:44:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Superchkn, Karl.  (Read 1908 times)

Offline Superchkn

• View Profile
    • TPracing.org
Superchkn, Karl.
« on: March 22, 2010, 12:16:37 PM »
Hi everybody,
Most of the old school MN-Sportbike.org riders know me from back in the day when I owned/rode a naked Honda Superhawk, thus the screen name Superchkn.

Currently own a 01' Aprilia Mille R in need of an engine (if you happen to have one for sale?) and race/track a 05' SV650 superbike.

Used to do a lot of street miles before I started racing with the CRA in 2003.  Now I instruct for new CRA racers and at numerous DCTC events.

Glad to see the move from Yahoo groups, but will shed a small tear for sentimental attachment to all the great memories and friends met over there.  The amazing people I met back in the day off the Yahoo group taught me to ride and I'm happy to see many of those names making the transfer to this new site.
Karl R.
CRA #80
CRA NR Instructor
ZARS Instructor
Hedonistic Enthusiasm Instructor
Jenspeed
TPracing.org

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
Re: Superchkn, Karl.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 07:09:51 AM »
Good to see you here Karl. This back in the day sentiment is making me feel old though.

What happened to the Aprilia?

Offline Superchkn

• View Profile
    • TPracing.org
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 02:58:09 PM »
Good to see you here Karl. This back in the day sentiment is making me feel old though.

If no one can catch you, I wouldn't consider you old Ray.  ;D

Glad to see the change over to the new format.

Still have the Aprilia.  It needs an engine after the timing chain went.  Still hunting and saving my dollars.  Hopefully I'll get it back up and running this season.
Karl R.
CRA #80
CRA NR Instructor
ZARS Instructor
Hedonistic Enthusiasm Instructor
Jenspeed
TPracing.org

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 07:05:49 PM »

If no one can catch you, I wouldn't consider you old Ray.  ;D

Glad to see the change over to the new format.

Still have the Aprilia.  It needs an engine after the timing chain went.  Still hunting and saving my dollars.  Hopefully I'll get it back up and running this season.

I know a bunch of guys who are older than me who I can't catch. May be there is something to age and treachery over youth and skill  ;D

Hopefully the new format will reinvigorate the group. Even if it doesn't seeing a post from original members like you and hopefully getting you to go on a street ride will make the changes worthwhile even if the group never regains its original vigor.

Lot of Priller motors on Ebay. There is a 0 mile motor available right now that looks like it came from a bike caught in the Fay Meyer's dealer fire in Denver years ago. Let go of those purse strings and get that street bike going! :banana: