Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:05:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Big *ss Plant  (Read 2608 times)

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
Big *ss Plant
« on: June 13, 2011, 06:32:20 PM »
Free
Big Ass Plant (indoor).
I've had this plant for 13 years and it's time for it to find a new home. I'd post it on Craigslist, but the recipient would have to come to my house to pick it up, and well .... need I say more?

Free
Impossible to kill
4' tall x 3' wide
You can see that it's prone to turn towards the light, but if you placed it in a room with a lot of sun, it would only take a matter of a few weeks and it would "round" itself out.

PM me for details
Near Lake Nokomis in the urban core.

These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline Elk

• View Profile
Re: Big *ss Plant
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 09:19:19 PM »
It's a Schefflera arboricola, or dwarf umbrella tree.  They are from Taiwan originally and while can handle 30's, outdoors will kill it.

They are very tough plants and tolerant of poor soil, poor light, etc.  Years ago I used them in research addressing the effects of certain types of radiation.

They will flower if given lots of light.

Offline RCKT GRL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 10:26:48 AM »
It's a Schefflera arboricola, or dwarf umbrella tree.  They are from Taiwan originally and while can handle 30's, outdoors will kill it.

They are very tough plants and tolerant of poor soil, poor light, etc.  Years ago I used them in research addressing the effects of certain types of radiation.

They will flower if given lots of light.

Is it just me, or is this guy a plethora of information on just about anything???! 

back on topic;  I too have one of these plants and I think mine is almost 3 times as big as the one pictured!  I have had it outside during the summer and it does well, but it does need to come back inside once the temps start to drop. 
Those who have actually NEVER tried riding the track could learn a thing or 10 about being a better streetrider; because let's be honest; none of us (Greg) are as great as we think we are. LMAO!

Offline Elk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 03:49:13 PM »
Is it just me, or is this guy a plethora of information on just about anything???!

I hope good info.  :)

I like learning about anything I can.  This group is great as there are all sorts of different types here; lunches are as good as the rides.

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 09:30:00 PM »
lunches are as good as the rides.

Now I enjoy talking and all those I ride with as much as the next guy, but this I have to say is a close race...lol--no offense to anyone-just the bar has been set very high with the quality of the rides.
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline Elk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 10:26:37 PM »
The rides have been spectacular.

But I learned at lunch that if you are a rabbit you want to avoid visiting Lloyd at home.

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 10:28:14 PM »
um, thanks for all the off-topic bumps for my free plant.

These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.