Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:13:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: BIR This Sunday  (Read 3933 times)

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
BIR This Sunday
« on: July 15, 2011, 08:28:44 PM »
Well I'm going up to BIR this Sunday to do a trackday. So after all these years of talking the talk. Everybody is forcing me to enter a race and walking the walk. This is going to be on the long course just like the old days. It would be nice to be in the front row but that is not the case, I'm in the last row on the start. Can't they just make it easy for this old guy. I wonder if they are going to make me take my tank bag off. I need a route sheet. Can you make me one Ray. Start on the starting line go 3/4 mile to turn 1 go left at top speed. Waite I think I'm lost allready. Ray I need your GPS. I got a set of Bridgestone R10's that I will put on at lunch time so they are in good shape for the race. They are suppose to be better than their slicks, will see. Wish me luck.

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
Re: BIR This Sunday
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 08:38:41 PM »
Good luck Vince! My money's on you. :)
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 10:04:15 PM »
Go get em ya old fart, make them youngsters work for it
Push Harder

Offline Elk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 10:37:19 PM »
Cool!  It will be a blast!

Tip: At BIR if in doubt, turn right.  You will be correct 70% of the time.

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 11:00:05 PM »
I was heading up that way around 5am tomorrow for the msta photo tag-but I think I will wait until Sunday. An old man all washed up past his prime ( that is what they tell me anyways) on the racetrack in a race has to be worth a few yuks.....lol

What bike and what class are you racing in? Did you secumb to the infestation of "I have to have a trackbike"

Good luck, your going to need it ( make sure to turn right after that long straight)
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 11:35:31 PM »
An old man all washed up past his prime ( that is what they tell me anyways) on the racetrack in a race has to be worth a few yuks.....lol
OK OK lets not  get carried away now.
I'm in the class were you haven't race in 3 years or more.
They can only ride 250 Ninjas and because I belong to AARP I can ride my CBR.

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 07:39:51 AM »
Didn't know they had an AARP class, I could even ride that one but I would just get in your way Vince.
Push Harder

Offline Elk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 07:57:20 AM »
BTW, what are typical lap times for a motorcycle at BIR on the long course?

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 02:38:07 PM »
Low to mid 1:40's ( consistent sub 1:45's)should get you in the top 5 in most of the races (600cc and bigger) 2:00 on a 250 will get you in victory circle  (or atleast that is what I think the current winners of the 250 class are running- the 07 and older version is faster, so maybe they aren't running this fast on the "spec" 08 and newer models)

I didn't realize this wasn't an actual race. This is a bunch of trackday people going out and flogging around on their bike with ZARS. 2:00 lap times may well win the race Vince is in.

Good luck none the less-and Vince I hope you do "school the fools"

I will add this disclaimer-I haven't been to BIR in over 10 years, so this information is based on what some of my "racing" customers have relayed and what I have seen on "my laps" for lap times of winners
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 02:42:26 PM by Lloyd »
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline Elk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 10:50:49 PM »
Thanks, Lloyd. 

This gives me a good perspective.

Stay cool and hydrated up there, guys!

Offline Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 05:57:12 PM »
how did it go?
Chris
----------

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 09:48:23 PM »
Do you mean like how did it go that it was hot out, or that we left the gas cans at the track, or that we didn't bring a spare tire for the trailer and maybe some tools to work on it just in case. Oh you mean the race. Well my friend Martin won and I finished second. Martin head was so big that we almost didn't have room for him to fit in the van for the ride home. That's why we had to leave the gas cans at the track. Just think if we would of had a spare tire for the trailer what would of happened with a big head in the van. If I would of won their wouldn't have been room for Dave or Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 11:03:16 PM »
How many in the race?
How many laps?
What kind of lap times?

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 12:17:18 AM »
15 on the grid, 5 laps, and 1.50 to 1.54. Their was a least 2 CRA racers that were not part of the grid but in the race to watch and stay out of the way. Their may have been as many as 5 not sure. They are not part of the count. 5 bikes were 1000cc.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 12:23:22 AM by vince »

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2011, 03:19:48 AM »
1:50-1:54 isn't bad.

Control riders? Instructors? ( did they stay out of the way?- I suppose it was the ROCC instructors and they likely wouldn't slow any of you down)

You should have had somewhat of an advantage on some of them, knowing the "old track" and all.

It is probably a good thing you didn't "win". We surely would have never heard the end of it....lol

You guys were so excited from the racing you couldn't remember to bring everything home with you....or just so exhuasted from the heat and humidity, all you could think of was getting in the a/c van and going home to bed.....or your heads were so big from your 1,2 finish your brain didn't know what to do with all the extra room?

Where are the pictures of your umbrella girl ??? That is the most important stat.....