Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 08:49:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Motorcycle tire changing service  (Read 1799 times)

Offline carlson_mn

• View Profile
Motorcycle tire changing service
« on: August 09, 2011, 08:45:03 PM »
I am planning on putting on some new to me Conti Motions ($162 shipped at motorcycle superstore for the pair, wow!!!)  I've heard great reviews on their handling for a ST tire, supposedly better than the PR2's that I have now and really enjoyed.  Mileage seems decent if not quite as long as the PR2s.  We will see.  I have 6400 miles on my PR2 rear this season and it is just about going to be showing cords pretty soon.

I was going to take them to Simply Sport bikes to be mounted, but if anyone on this forum does a good job at mounting and balancing tires I will pay you $20 each.  They charge $25.  I will take them on and off the bike myself.

thanks.
- Matt from Richfield
2008 FJR1300.  Yeah, it's got a shaft and bags. Let's ride

Offline Tumbler

• View Profile
    • Better Livivng Thru Mondern Chemistry
Re: Motorcycle tire changing service
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 12:08:29 AM »
I can't remember what Lloyd charges but I'd say he's your best bet for quality work at a great price.

Drop him a PM or go to his shop site & work out what you can.  He's always treated me right & done great work.
Mark Cell  612-910-3339    Business website: http://www.amway.com/justlivin
Check it out...great deals for riding season snacks & such!!

Offline carlson_mn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 12:54:14 AM »
thanks Mark.  Sounds like there are a couple good tire changing pros on this forum that I can support.
- Matt from Richfield

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 04:02:55 PM »
 Why would you be willing to travel all the way to SSB and pay them 25 each and only pay someone else 20 each??? Especially someone much closer...

Do you already have your MOTIONS? 

What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline carlson_mn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 06:36:56 PM »
I just found out about your business and site tonight, damn.  My Contis come in on Monday. 

SSB is actually only 5 minutes from me.  I was more so offering it up to the guy who does his own tires in his garage who might want to recoup some money from that tire changer he splurged on (dang me and my 1 car garage).  I will not try to talk down anyone who offers reasonable prices at their shop of business on something like tire mounting. 

- Matt from Richfield

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 09:00:55 PM »
 No problem I was thinking you were from further south...northfield area---wrong screen name

Being that close I would just go them as well
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!