Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:09:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bambi  (Read 7532 times)

Offline Hope2Ride

• View Profile
Re: Bambi
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2011, 07:05:37 PM »
let's try it a different way...

2011 Honda CBR 250R

Offline Hope2Ride

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2011, 07:12:46 PM »
well I guess they're either too big or too small... here's some more

2011 Honda CBR 250R

Offline Jared

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2011, 07:18:47 PM »
That'll buff right out...

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2011, 09:00:19 PM »
Really doesn't look too bad at all. Looks like the deer was tall enough or up in the air enough to clear the front wheel and leave the fairing nose to take the brunt of the impact.

I'd guess, less than $1K in parts and it'll be as good as new.

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2011, 09:54:07 PM »
 Having not seen the bike up close and personal....

It appears the frame is scratched on that left side (based solely on pics)---so that would total it right there---too many man hours and the cost of the frame $$$

but take into account new oem pieces--
headlights $310
fender $135
rt mid $280
left mid $280
lower $275
all those accompanying inner panels and sound deadening pieces and mounts etc...another $150 conservatively
then are the forks scratched up?
radiator?
footpeg brackets?
heel guards?
handlebars?
levers?
windshield?
mirrors?
guage mounts intact?
fairing stay bracket?
wiring harness damage?

You see where I am going with this...a retail estimate will easily be over $2200 in parts ( just based solely on the list above)with labor maybe in the $500 range..........sure you likely could search and find pieces, bit by bit for less money given the time and patience to do so (case in point Tonys 09 was about $3000 retail oem kawasaki, I sourced everything via kawi forums and ebay for under $1000---but I also wasted atleast 15 hours of my time to do so).........how much is your time worth?

Vince needs a dedicated track bike anyways, take the money and buy another (too bad Jons just sold, or did it...lol) make this your trackbike....think of all those tire changes you would save, and all the "spares" you would have
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2011, 10:48:40 PM »
Makes me wonder why the frame is exposed to scratching in this manner.  For a small added cost, Honda could have put sacrificial panels that clip over the frame to prevent gouging.  For that matter, they could have used those cheesy faux carbon fiber sticky stuff.  :)

Offline i h8 winter

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2011, 08:21:44 PM »
WOW glad you are ok!
-mat-

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2011, 11:11:23 PM »
Makes me wonder why the frame is exposed to scratching in this manner.  For a small added cost, Honda could have put sacrificial panels that clip over the frame to prevent gouging.  For that matter, they could have used those cheesy faux carbon fiber sticky stuff.  :)

"Makes me wonder why the frame is exposed to scratching in this manner."
They did, they are called full fairings....LOL

I don't think they planned on them being stripped off in this manner??? just a hunch
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2011, 11:41:09 PM »
Doh, I forgot the frame was fully covered there.  OK Lloyd, you had your laugh tonight.