Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:16:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Conti Road Attack 2  (Read 2550 times)

Offline Pipes

• 2008 DL1000 V-Strom
    • View Profile
Conti Road Attack 2
« on: August 28, 2011, 07:54:53 PM »
Has anyone tried Conti Road Attack 2 tires yet?  I am looking for new tires to put on my DL1000. 
Paul Johnson

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
Re: Conti Road Attack 2
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 10:27:03 PM »
 I have a few customers on them, one of them has already worn out a set. They didn't last any longer than the regular road attacks for him, but he said they felt alot better
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline Pipes

• 2008 DL1000 V-Strom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 04:28:12 PM »
What kind of mileage did he get with them?  I don't want tires that are shot in 2000 miles.
Paul Johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 07:03:41 PM »
"Continental Road Attacks- While traction dry or wet has been better than the 021's, the mileage is a little less than 021's-so I really would call these more of a sport tire than a sport touring tire. 2 liter bike guys both saw under 3500 miles on the rear, but they were very happy with the traction and feel of the tire. These guys were lax on their air pressure regulation as well,  One came in with 30 in the front and 31 in the rear. so... I have these on a few BMW's also and they are seeing closer to 6000 miles. I have seen these run on 600cc sportbikes and go nearly 8000 miles (Road Attack rear, sport attack front combo) My own experience with sport attacks on both ends on my own bike are in that 7 tire review thread."

Off my web page---
The St1100 guy who was running BT021's and seeing only about 4500-5000 switched to the road attacks and was seeing about 7000, the same he now got out of a set of road attack II

So unless you really run them hard I doubt you'd see under 5000 miles

What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline Pipes

• 2008 DL1000 V-Strom
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 08:40:53 PM »
Cool thanks for your time.  You said you have a web page,  can I get a link to it.
Paul Johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 08:55:59 PM »
pm sent

Offline Pipes

• 2008 DL1000 V-Strom
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 06:04:20 PM »
I ended up buying Road Attack 1s.  Dennis Kirk did not have Road Attack 2s in stock.  One week later they send me an email that they have them in stock now.  I checked their site for like two weeks before I bought tires.  Just my luck. 
Paul Johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 09:57:24 PM »
Are the attacks on your bike already? They do have a return policy

But the road Attacks are still a good tire, that you shouldn't be afraid to run and likely would be happy with.

Offline Mr. Gadget

• View Profile
    • Paid To Be Green
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 10:05:20 PM »
Hey pipes - Just for your info I ride at ST1100 and I'm on my second set of Mich Road Pilot 2's and love them for sport touring - 2CT tires and I got 8,600 out of Front and Rears which was very cool and that they wear about the same. The fronts had a little bit more on them but only about 800 or so till the wear bars.

Enjoy attacking the curves 8)

Offline Pipes

• 2008 DL1000 V-Strom
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 05:50:40 PM »
I mounted them the weekend before so I am out of luck till they wear out.  Pilot road does not come in 19 inch front.  I ride a V-Strom.  So far I like the Road Attack 1s.  I have not put to many miles on them but they are better then the dual sport tires I had.
Paul Johnson