Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:24:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Arkansas Report  (Read 17813 times)

Offline thunderchicken

• View Profile
Re: Arkansas Report
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2011, 08:19:22 PM »
I haven't known Tony as long as some of you, but in the few years I have known and ridden with him, he has proven to be one of the most respected street riders on my list. Tony is the absolute last guy I would expect to be involved in any kind of crash. Especially one where ego might have been a factor. He is highly experianced and perfectly capable of riding a swift pace but all the while staying well within his limits. I have never seen any different out of him. I'm sure he will be reflecting on recent events.

Anyway, get well Tony. We're all pulling for you.

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2011, 09:03:41 PM »
I just got a VM from Tony. He sends his thanks to everyone and wants them to know he now has crutches. Apparently the calls and offers of crutches are still flocking in and he is thankful for the offers of assistance but is finding it hard to respond to everyone.
He also said he won't be able to get in front of a computer for a few days (probably Monday), so don't take offense to his not posting here. 

Greg
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline Lonerider

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2011, 09:05:38 PM »
Tony, so very sorry to hear about this. I hope and pray you heal fast and completely.

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2011, 09:19:58 PM »
 Is there a pot yet on how long before that Lloyd guy reems this YUL character a new asshole? I want in.

Tony It was great seeing you wednesday, you were all smiles and jokes. It is always great to have you around, and you can ride with me anytime!!
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline mngir1

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2011, 11:40:41 PM »
Tony--So sorry to hear about your injury.  Sending positive thought your way and hoping for a quick recovery!

~ d

Offline Tumbler

• View Profile
    • Better Livivng Thru Mondern Chemistry
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2011, 03:28:43 PM »
Sorry to hear about the crash Tony but glad to hear that you are in good spirits!!

God speed for a fast & full recovery....look forward to riding with you again next season!!
Mark Cell  612-910-3339    Business website: http://www.amway.com/justlivin
Check it out...great deals for riding season snacks & such!!

Offline mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2011, 07:00:57 PM »
Is there a pot yet on how long before that Lloyd guy reems this YUL character a new asshole? I want in.

Tony It was great seeing you wednesday, you were all smiles and jokes. It is always great to have you around, and you can ride with me anytime!!

you mean im searching for a thread that hasnt been made yet?

Offline Mr. Gadget

• View Profile
    • Paid To Be Green
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2011, 11:04:02 PM »
Hey Tony,

I know you went down but you are far from out of motorcycling years of fun!

Glad we had a chance to ride one ride together this year and I will be happy to buy you another cone when you are ready to ride again :)

Praying you will heal fast and get pain free even sooner - Let us know what we can do to help.

I love the idea of get him a nice laptop to use at home during his recovery or hang on to for good.

Anyone that has one or wants to coordinate a cash for a computer drive - I would be willing to help get this ball rolling so he could get online next week from home would be huge :)

Offline carlson_mn

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2011, 11:04:51 PM »
Tony sorry to hear.  A broken femur sounds horrible to me having broken my radius and ulna in half a few years back, but your body will heal!  All I've ever heard and known is that Tony is a great rider - there's a lot of risks in riding and crap happens to the best of us.  With MN averaging multiple motorcycle deaths per week during the summer - remember how much worse any of the accidents of MSTA members could have been.

Greg, thanks for the update and for sticking with Tony after the accident - that's more than once you've done that. 
- Matt from Richfield
2008 FJR1300.  Yeah, it's got a shaft and bags. Let's ride

Offline Tumbler

• View Profile
    • Better Livivng Thru Mondern Chemistry
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2011, 12:45:36 AM »
With MN averaging multiple motorcycle deaths per week during the summer - remember how much worse any of the accidents of MSTA members could have been.

Isn't that the truth.  I think a lot of this has to do with more bikes on the road, more miles ridden in a season, more publicity, & many other factors.  This sport isn't what it was when I got into it back in 1999 that's for sure.

Greg, thanks for the update and for sticking with Tony after the accident - that's more than once you've done that.

I agree there...kudo's to you for doing that on multiple occasions Greg.

TK...when you do get around to seeing this, I have some chili from the chili feed I'm going to arrange to drop by for you.  There's two different kinds & I was told there should be plenty left to bring to you.  So unlike last year you'll actually get some this time!!  LOL

Look forward to seeing you back on here & seeing you in person in the coming days.
Mark Cell  612-910-3339    Business website: http://www.amway.com/justlivin
Check it out...great deals for riding season snacks & such!!

Offline allonm

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2011, 09:04:01 AM »
Tony,
I wish that you heal quick.
We will ride again. Think of Black Canyon next year.  :)

Allon

Offline snowflap

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2011, 12:58:00 PM »
sucks to read - known Tony a long time! When you read this, tk, I have a folder full of stickers that are guaranteed to make those crutches faster - and a can of tennis balls I'm offering as spare parts for that shitty walker! Get better.
My secret to a happy marriage? Get in enough trouble to be sent to the garage.

Offline Hope2Ride

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2011, 01:55:34 PM »
Wishing you a full and speedy recovery Tony! The silver lining here is the riding season is about over so you'll be back on your feet in time for spring :)

2011 Honda CBR 250R

Offline tk

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2011, 12:36:42 PM »
Many thanks, vielen dank, muchas gracias, merci beaucoup and mille o tante grazie for all the
positive comments and kind thoughts. I'm getting along quite well with the walker but the crutches
are much better in tight places and for climbing steps.

Greg described the crash. I just might add that at no point on the ride did either of my tires
slip, slide, or brake traction in any way until the crash. At the time of the crash I believe I was
in a very modest lean at about 60-70 indicated. Others say more like 50-60. Either way we
were not going fast. I think maybe the fact that I didn't allow sufficient time to better scrub
in the new front tire contributed to my loss of traction.

I'm staying with a neighbor so I may not retrieve messages on my home phone. The speaker
is worn out on my cell phone so I can't take calls or voice messages. Best to text me or pm as
I will be getting to a computer more often next week.

Thanks for offers of assistance. Really all I need right now is a wizard capable of coordinating
all the paperwork between the various organizations involved in sorting this mess out (Blue Cross
Blue Shield, VA, Physical Therapy of MN, North Regional, etc.). I am now in wizard training. At
some future date I will start a thread on health care system SNAFUs I have encountered. 

Duc Man

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2011, 01:18:31 PM »
Yeah!!! TK...Glad your on the mend..guessing no Frontier ride this time ;) Good to hear from you..Get well soon Tony