Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:54:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Most fun ride of 2011  (Read 3776 times)

Offline Chris

• View Profile
Most fun ride of 2011
« on: October 10, 2011, 08:15:28 PM »
thought I would start a new thread for 2011 best rides, since Lloyd bummed the 2010 one..

Mine was the trip I took with Josh & Ken out west; we covered 2100 miles in 4.5day
Day one: Buffalo, WY to Idaho Falls, ID, crossing the Big Horn Mountains in the snow, getting down into the plans the weather got nicer, till we got to the Tetons and it cold off again. We crossed over the Tetons at Jackson, WY, the view was gorgeous.   
Day two: Idaho Falls, ID to Kethum, ID to Grangeville, ID, these roads we awesome so was the LEO that pulled me over (I was only doing 75 in a 65) he let me go with no warning or anything other than watch for deer. We ran into more snow at the top of Alexandra Ross pass, once we got out of there and headed down the weather again got nice, and we rode up to Grangeville this was the coolest ride, we were climbing for a long time before we got to Grangville, the sun was starting to set, it was awesome.
Day Three: Grangeville, ID  to West Yellowstone, MT  the weather started out nice we rode up 12 and could not have asked for better weather then turning towards West Yellowstone the weather started to get bad, cold and rain, this broke a little bit to give us some awesome view of the Tetons (the peaks above the clouds).
Day Four: West Yellowstone, MT  to Buffalo, WY, the plan was to head though the park, but the wake up temp at 45 and raining we thought it would be faster to go up to Boseman then the freeway to Billings and Buffalo, boy were we wrong, the rain picked up and the freeway between Buffalo and Billings was closed, so we had to ride up to Miles City where we got the last room in the town, the next day we road from Miles City to Gillete to Buffalo and jumped in the truck and headed home or so we thought the guy driving the truck got on the wrong freeway and headed towards Casper, once we got corrected 2 hours later we were heading the right way.
This Trip was a blast, I would have liked the weather to be warmer but what ya going to do?

Here is a link so some of the pictures from the trip

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 08:28:14 PM by Chris »
Chris
----------

Offline Tumbler

• View Profile
    • Better Livivng Thru Mondern Chemistry
Re: Most fun ride of 2011
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 07:09:02 AM »
Personally I think it's too soon to post this but when I hit my favorite ride for 2011 I'll post up!!
Mark Cell  612-910-3339    Business website: http://www.amway.com/justlivin
Check it out...great deals for riding season snacks & such!!

Offline flyinlow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 08:45:14 AM »
My favorite ride was the week I spent in North Carolina two weeks ago riding for 7 days. Roads around here can't even begin to compare with what they have.

2008 Ducati Monster S4Rs Tricolore

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 09:35:09 AM »
I truly love every minute on my bike and can't single out one "most fun ride" in a year. For me, that's like asking, "what was the best experience you ever had making love with your wife?" Each time is special, unique and equal to others.

These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 10:21:15 AM »
 I think mine would be that 718 mile day with Joel and Chris?? But I have 3 that are especially memorable.
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 02:17:14 PM »
I truly love every minute on my bike and can't single out one "most fun ride" in a year. For me, that's like asking, "what was the best experience you ever had making love with your wife?" Each time is special, unique and equal to others.

LOL

I think mine would be that 718 mile day with Joel and Chris?? But I have 3 that are especially memorable.

That was an awesome ride too..
Chris
----------

Offline Joel S

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 05:12:13 PM »
heck yeah it was fun, we just gobbled up twisty pavement that day. and the bugs at the end lol  ;D

tumbler, been on a ride this year???  :P (someone had to say it  just joking)
16 FJR ES               More seat time, less feet time.

Offline Pipes

• 2008 DL1000 V-Strom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 05:27:54 PM »
Chris I looked at your pictures.  Was there any day that it did not rain??  It looks wonderful out there.  Maybe next year I will be allowed to go.  I will see what the wife says!
Paul Johnson

Offline Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 05:38:18 PM »
Chris I looked at your pictures.  Was there any day that it did not rain??  It looks wonderful out there.  Maybe next year I will be allowed to go.  I will see what the wife says!
yeah it did not rain when it was snowing :), I blame Josh for the rain and snow.
I hope you can come with it will be lots of fun :)
Chris
----------

Offline tk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 02:34:22 PM »
Doing a lap around Lake Superior has been on my to do list for many years.
I finally did it on my 09 ZX6R this August. There were just two of us and we
did the route clockwise. Weather was ideal and we had no mechanical problems or LEO encounters.
The main highway along the north side of Lake Superior was very well
maintained and the scenery was good. Some of the roads branching off
the main highway were somewhat twisty.
This trip was fun but I don't feel the urge to return. Not like Arkansas,
where I need to get to as often as is practical.