Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:04:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Would America Benefit From This Type of Motorcycle Safety Advertising?  (Read 3496 times)

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
Re: Would America Benefit From This Type of Motorcycle Safety Advertising?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 06:03:19 PM »
 I think it would just inflame the issue of the hatred towards motorcycles and thinking that motorcyclists are wreckless, by joe public, without actually doing anything to reform bad behaviors on bikes or make riders any safer....
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline Pipes

• 2008 DL1000 V-Strom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 06:49:03 PM »
WOW!!
Paul Johnson

Offline Aprilian

• some guys can't get enough horsepower!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 08:39:40 PM »
I don't know if that final segment is real footage or staged, but either way it turns my stomach.
Ian

"Crossing the centerline at any time except during a passing maneuver is intolerable, another sign that you're pushing too hard to keep up. Even when you have a clean line of sight through a left-hand kink, stay to the right of the centerline." Nick Ienatsch, The Pace http://tinyurl.com/3bxn82

Offline kp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 10:14:38 AM »
I think it would just inflame the issue of the hatred towards motorcycles and thinking that motorcyclists are wreckless, by joe public, without actually doing anything to reform bad behaviors on bikes or make riders any safer....

it would be just like statistics, it could be used to prove that motorcyclists are
reckless or as teaching tool for ATGATT. not that gear would save you from
being run over by a truck.

Offline Jared

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 02:47:41 PM »

1/2 agree here.  I think that these types of ads do have a greater impact on the MC community, but do little for the general public aside from reinforcing negative stereotypes. 

Offline gdawgs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 08:49:26 AM »
it's just shock value, you forget about it 2 days later and go on your merry way. 

Offline snowflap

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 09:18:52 PM »
I think the way it is packaged and delivered now, in a social media viral campaign, is as far as it needs to go. Let those who seek it find it. No need for public airtime.
My secret to a happy marriage? Get in enough trouble to be sent to the garage.

Offline motorrad

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 03:19:43 PM »
I think a modified version of this type of ad could be useful; clearly some of the situations shown seem reckless and could simply inflame the non-mc folks out there.  if an ad can be poignant and leave a simple impression on someone, then it is useful.

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 04:59:41 PM »
What is interesting to me about the advertising is that it implicitly places the blame for accidents on irresponsible riders.

Wonder how this message would be received by riders. To Tim's comment about it being used in a viral campaign, I wonder who would be introducing the ad to the target audience (parent's, relatives, friends, other riders) and whether the target audience would get the message that this type of riding was the problem as opposed to thinking the message was that car drivers should watch out for the.

Offline Hope2Ride

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 02:40:27 PM »
I agree it would cause non-MC to think negatively of bikers. I certainly don't lane split and ride that recklessly but my next door neighbor watches this and then sees me pull out of my driveway on a sport bike then what image does that give them of me?

It also does not address the issue that not only bikers but CARS need to be careful. In the 3 months of riding I've had I've been cut off more than once, one time proved to almost be a bad outcome for me but luckily I was able to react in time and slow down as well as move over. This doesn't address that type of problem on the road.

It is a nice reminder though for bikers to always be careful and don't be stupid. I think, well I hope, the last part was staged, but it makes me cringe watching it!

2011 Honda CBR 250R