Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:25:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Off season adventures?  (Read 8016 times)

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
Re: Off season adventures?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2011, 08:48:22 PM »
Greg that all sounds so peaceful, you need to get a sled buddy and let that adrenalin flow.

Variety is the spice of life. No apologies.  :)

Greg's got the stress management thing down.  (Speaking as one who has a similar lifestyle.)

Offline Elk

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 12:01:47 PM »
+1

Low stress sounds really good right now.

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2011, 04:53:47 PM »
One of these days in February either Ride the Rio (Big Bend, TX) MSTA ride followed by 7 days of street riding in northern Mexico with a bunch of MSTA folks who have been doing it for almost a decade, or Charlie Coon's annual Copper Canyon off road trip.

Offline snowflap

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2011, 09:52:35 PM »
Add a Boondocker fuel and boost controller to that Z1 Turbo and you can add horsepower at the touch of a button. I tested one with the fuel controller, nitrous, a timing key, 105 octane and 310 horsepower. Fun sled.

Traction must be a real problem at this point.

Indeed. Have the radar data on my computer somewhere. If I remember right, we were gaining 1/4 mile top end but losing 660 ft. acceleration when we adjusted to more than 225ish hp because of traction for our test conditions.
My secret to a happy marriage? Get in enough trouble to be sent to the garage.

Offline carlson_mn

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2011, 11:26:51 PM »
Spending more time with baby

- Matt from Richfield
2008 FJR1300.  Yeah, it's got a shaft and bags. Let's ride

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2011, 04:28:02 PM »
Spending more time with baby

Awww so cute!

Offline Streeter

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2011, 04:49:18 PM »
One of these days in February either Ride the Rio (Big Bend, TX) MSTA ride followed by 7 days of street riding in northern Mexico with a bunch of MSTA folks who have been doing it for almost a decade, or Charlie Coon's annual Copper Canyon off road trip.

I hope to head down to the Copper Canyon in February for a dual sport ride.

Offline Tumbler

• View Profile
    • Better Livivng Thru Mondern Chemistry
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2011, 10:47:07 PM »
If the job outlook is better for me I would love to head out west with one of the bikes to do some riding near my sisters in the LA area.

Prob isn't going to happen but I may have a sled to ride around town if we get snow!!
Mark Cell  612-910-3339    Business website: http://www.amway.com/justlivin
Check it out...great deals for riding season snacks & such!!

Offline Hope2Ride

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2011, 02:21:56 PM »
Prokart for me! With my 10 yr old daughter, makes for some great mommy-daughter bonding  :) 

Additionally, I'm hoping to make some mods to my bike over the winter.

I'll also be saving up and planning for track days next season.

Then there's the telescope.... I'm going to try and make some star parties, watch a meteor shower, maybe do the messier marathon, oh yeah... and spy on my neighbors to see what they're up too! Then I plan to warm up sitting next to the fire place with some hot cocoa and television.

If I have enough money some range time would be nice too.

And I have a snowboard, I would love to learn how to use it this winter!

oh yeah, before I do all that I still have a home and garage full of boxes to unpack from my move 2 weeks ago....
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 02:26:42 PM by armybikr »

2011 Honda CBR 250R

Offline Hope2Ride

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2011, 02:23:19 PM »
if we get snow!!

what makes you think we might NOT get snow???

2011 Honda CBR 250R

Offline Tumbler

• View Profile
    • Better Livivng Thru Mondern Chemistry
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2011, 09:45:12 PM »
what makes you think we might NOT get snow???

LOL....just meaning if we get 'enough' snow to ride sleds.  :)

I would love to get one but know it's likely out of the question.

Anyone up for some bowling sometime before Christmas or maybe between that & the New Year?
Mark Cell  612-910-3339    Business website: http://www.amway.com/justlivin
Check it out...great deals for riding season snacks & such!!

Offline burn-z

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2011, 10:33:28 PM »
So, who is planning on doing some off-season (to us) riding?   Share your upcoming adventures if you want!

I'm doing a Chris Peris trackday in Arizona in late December or early January and I'm saving my $$ for a Boot Camp with Colin Edwards in April.     ;D

Gotta let me know how the Peris school goes. Jourdan is coaching down there now so I can't wait to ride with him again. Inde Motorsports Ranch is new and supposed to be a great facility. Maybe not as scenic or hilly as Barber but better than BIR or MAM. You'll have a blast at CE's boot camp. I don't know of anyone who doesn't want to go back. My wife wants a return trip more than anything. I'll be at Ft Sill, OK for sixteen weeks of training this winter so no riding til mid May unless I can use a weekend pass or leave for a two day trackday over Easter weekend at Jennings GP in FL.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Offline jleosnow

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2011, 05:34:13 PM »
Well for me it is snowmobiling. My sled is the fastest sled ever made out of the box. It has more HP than my motorcycle, 175 hp at the track and my CBR has 155 hp at the wheel.  So every time I ride this machine it is an adventure. So now that I am off work I would like to ride the circle tour. Which is a ride that starts in Crane Lake and goes into Canada and circles back. It takes about 3 days doing 350 to 400 miles days. I would like to go bake to Michigan to ride that road on the sled that is a trail we road just a few weeks ago to Grand Maria. I bet I could do an average of aver 100+ mph point to point on that road. Michigan has some of the best trail any were. So even if I'm not riding my bike this is my fix for the off season.
Well for me it is snowmobiling. My sled is the fastest sled ever made out of the box. It has more HP than my motorcycle, 175 hp at the track and my CBR has 155 hp at the wheel.  So every time I ride this machine it is an adventure. So now that I am off work I would like to ride the circle tour. Which is a ride that starts in Crane Lake and goes into Canada and circles back. It takes about 3 days doing 350 to 400 miles days. I would like to go bake to Michigan to ride that road on the sled that is a trail we road just a few weeks ago to Grand Maria. I bet I could do an average of aver 100+ mph point to point on that road. Michigan has some of the best trail any were. So even if I'm not riding my bike this is my fix for the off season.

Hey Vince,
Did you miss this for 2012?  177HP out of the box! ;)

-John
http://www.arctic-cat.com/snow/sleds/modelviewer/F1100TURBOSNOPROLIMITED

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2011, 05:57:57 PM »
No it has 3" less travel in the rear suspension. It is 100cc bigger in displacement and it is a 4 stroke which means it weighs a lot more. The machine is a tank like the Yamaha one ton. And it still is not faster than any 05 to 07 MachZ. The F1100 has been around for some time.