Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:27:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: how many sets of Tires did you go through this year?  (Read 3625 times)

Offline Chris

• View Profile
how many sets of Tires did you go through this year?
« on: October 20, 2011, 08:00:52 AM »
Just kind of curious, as to how many tires & what you all are using.

I went through
two sets of Metzlar M5's (4852 miles on the first set 4371 on the second set)
Now I have a set of Road 2s on the bike, we'll see how these hold up.
Chris
----------

Offline Joel S

• View Profile
Re: how many sets of Tires did you go through this year?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 08:59:07 AM »
Three sets used up already, going on my fourth rear soon. Pilot road 2 and bt023. Damn thing just eats hoops.correction, on my third front this year and its newer.
16 FJR ES               More seat time, less feet time.

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 09:26:00 AM »
Well on my CBR 2 fronts and 3 rears. I use power pures. On a trip I took to Star I used Pilot Roads 3 and they were great. Got over 4500 miles on the rear. I wreck the bike before I used up the front but it should of lasted for 2 rears. On the Power Pures I have been getting 3500 hard ridden miles.
On my Interceptor I used one rear and Avon Road Rider. I never kept track of the mileage but they were hard ones.
I have to add to this I did not count track tires. 2 sets of Brigdestones Bt003rs and I still have half a life left maybe in theses a set of Brigdestone R10 the best tires I have ever used.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 08:50:36 AM by vince »

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 09:38:10 AM »
With all the bikes I had this year I lost count. My tire guy laughs evey time I come in, he says is it two weeks already?
Push Harder

Offline Jvs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 09:20:28 PM »
Used road smarts up till september on my ole Fzr (bout 8500 on tires). Sold that and bought a sv1000 for a steal of a price And burned through a set of q2's in a month and a half (bout 4k miles) now I just got street legal track take offs on for a few last slow trips and for storage. Gonna get q2 front and roadsmart rear first thing next season
"you thought you had it bad, try staring at his butt crack the last 50 miles"

Offline supraman

• View Profile
    • Ben's Travel Blog
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 08:22:30 AM »
I believe I am on my 7th set of tires this season, not counting the new ones I'm having mounted this Saturday. 15,000 miles of mostly twisty riding (I don't commute on my bike), 2 DCTC days, and 4 big trackdays (MAM/BIR) contributed to the fast wear I 'spose. I ran exclusively BT-016's until this last set when I switched to BT-003RS's. I got as high as 4500 miles out of the 016's and as low as a 1000 (both AR trips ate an entire new set of tires in ~1000 miles.) The BT-003's wore out the middle in ~2500 miles of street riding, but should be great for trackdays. (Shoulder grip is amazing!)

I called my tire guy earlier this week and he greeted me with "Ben, I don't have any more damn tires to sell you!", then on learning I really did a new set 9 days after I had them mount the current set he went "You should get sponsored by Bridgestone the way you burn through them!". I wish... :)
It's not what you ride, but how you ride it that counts!

Offline RCKT GRL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 09:58:35 AM »
I have been thru 5 sets of the Pilot Powers this season.  Just put a new set of Power Pures on a couple of weeks ago.  They seem to be a great tire so far. 
Those who have actually NEVER tried riding the track could learn a thing or 10 about being a better streetrider; because let's be honest; none of us (Greg) are as great as we think we are. LMAO!

Offline aschendel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 12:15:15 PM »
I think I'm on my 2nd set right now, PP2CT's, but I didn't start the season with them new as I recall.  The previous rear picked up a nail near the end of its life.

I am amazed at the $ and time some of you guys invest!  I'm pretty annoyed with my one set (or so) per season, 6-8K miles.  :D

a.s.

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 05:14:59 PM »
Maybe the equivalent of two sets of tires spread across six bikes. Kind of hard to say because the Ninja got Pilot Road 2s which have gone over 5,000 miles and still look very good, while the OEM tires were done in 2,400 miles and the first set of replacements got taken off after about 1,000 miles since they didn't look like they would last through any of the trips planned for the bike.

Offline carlson_mn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 05:53:26 PM »
Set of PR2s lasted me 6900 miles (most would have replaced at 6300).  Put another set on, sold that bike, bought new FJR, replaced front and rear on it recently.

So I can't do the math on all that but a couple sets I guess.
- Matt from Richfield
2008 FJR1300.  Yeah, it's got a shaft and bags. Let's ride

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 10:46:30 PM »
Sounds like you're a candidate for car tires, front and back.  :D

Offline tk

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 12:51:46 PM »
I have bought and had mounted only 3 new tires this year because I have not been riding as much as usual. They were all PPs.