Forum > Bike Help

Converting street bike to track bike

<< < (2/11) > >>

Deplorable, thank you!:
^ that link says CBR250 but the picture and listing shows drill type for a cbr1000RR

Jared:
Instead of picking up additional street plastics you might want to consider getting an extra front stay, harness and gauges (maybe ducts too?), then going with track trim.  I leave the upper and gauges mounted to the spare stay, then it's just two bolts and connecting the harness to swap them back and forth.  Mids and lower are quick for me too since I just need to unhook the turn signals. 

carlson_mn:
I'm sure you'll be fine with a set of sliders on that bike, it's a good investment either way incase you or someone else knocks your bike over, or for a low-side.

If my bike goes down and doesn't flip the sliders prevent the engine cases from being ground away and shift levers from being broken off.... so if they protect the plastic too that's just a plus.

flyinlow:
I used to be convinced that sliders help, but after seeing a few accidents with sliders (the ones that stick out) on the bike and how they catch on things and can flip the bike around, not sure of their value.

I think you're much better off getting the case guards that fasten right to the engine cases, I think they will protect them but not catch on things when the bike slides. Plastics can always be repaired or replaced, but if the bike ends up flipping, you've got lots more issues to deal with.

carlson_mn:
Some people put metal sliders on and that's idiotic, they will catch.  Delron sliders "shouldn't"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version