Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:05:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Throttle device  (Read 2068 times)

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
Throttle device
« on: December 25, 2011, 10:37:30 PM »
Just saw this and thought it look like something some of us would use.
http://2wheelride.com/throttle_pro.html

Offline carlson_mn

• View Profile
Re: Throttle device
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 11:46:17 PM »
I recently have seen those, but unless a vista cruise wouldn't work on someone's bike I'd wayyyy rather have a vista cruise lock.  Or throttle meister which I have now, since you can keep the tension on while you ride if you want. 
- Matt from Richfield
2008 FJR1300.  Yeah, it's got a shaft and bags. Let's ride

Offline Busa dave

• Faster for the Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 12:07:15 AM »
I have used the "Throttle Meister"  http://throttlemeister.com/tm.html   on my last 3 bikes and they work great...  ;D

Offline Joel S

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 05:59:26 AM »
mine is similar to a vista cruse, works very well and super easy to use.
16 FJR ES               More seat time, less feet time.

Offline Aprilian

• some guys can't get enough horsepower!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 09:22:06 AM »
I always cusmize an NEP to any bike I want throttle control.  It is so easy to flip the thumb lock on and off.  I can't seem to get the action smooth on a Throttlemeister, which may have something to do with that hand being broken years ago.   I am temped to upgrade one side of the Manic salamander bar ends to Paul's throttle lock to see how it works.
Motorcycle Cruise Control Custom Throttle Locks Touring Cruise Control
  But it still seems more involved than moving the thumb only.
Ian

"Crossing the centerline at any time except during a passing maneuver is intolerable, another sign that you're pushing too hard to keep up. Even when you have a clean line of sight through a left-hand kink, stay to the right of the centerline." Nick Ienatsch, The Pace http://tinyurl.com/3bxn82

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 09:24:25 AM »
I had a throttle Meister on my bike also and it looks and works great. But this thing can go from one bike to another in seconds and it is only $20 no shipping and no tax.

Offline carlson_mn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 09:48:20 AM »
^ That is a nice thing about that device is quick on and off.  My first ride out to South Dakota I was trading a passenger back and forth with another rider and I would get the most horrible cramps on my right shoulder after a while I had to install a throttle lock before the ride home.  Have to be able to release and stretch that right arm from time to time
- Matt from Richfield

Offline DaleB

• View Profile
    • Motorcycle Touring for Beginners
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 10:32:29 AM »
Just saw this and thought it look like something some of us would use.
http://2wheelride.com/throttle_pro.html

I bought one of these after reading about it in MCN, mostly because it was cheap. I only use a throttle lock so that I can have a few seconds relief to stretch out the finger ligaments and muscles. After I've done the stretching, I turn off the throttle lock.

What I found is that it doesn't reliably stay in position. It comes with that black plastic thingy and a wide rubber band . The instructions say install it just like on the vid at the web site that Vince pointed to. It installed in about 5 seconds. I found that it would slip and the bike would decelerate fairly quickly. Then I took it off and installed the rubber band on the grip and then the throttle lock over the rubber band. There was a bit more friction but still not enough to reliably hold the throttle in position. Sometimes I could fiddle with it and get it to stay put long enough to stretch my fingers but the whole procedure was very distracting.

Maybe my bike's throttle return spring is too strong but it seems about average to me. If there was some way to increase the friction a bit it would be a decent solution for temporary relief but as it stands, at least on my bike, it doesn't work. A Vista Cruise or Throttle Meister work better but are a LOT more expensive.

Dale B
DaleB

Offline carlson_mn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 10:34:32 AM »
My old throttle lock was $32 a few years back.
- Matt from Richfield