Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 10:57:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Pace  (Read 2117 times)

Offline Rex

• View Profile
The Pace
« on: January 15, 2012, 03:57:55 PM »
Hi all - I'm new to this site and came here by a strong recommendation of a friend of mine who pointed me in this direction to find others who enjoy riding together. The site Menu that I'm particularly interested is "The Pace" but nothing seems to open up for me when I click on the link. Can anyone tell me if the link is down for maintenance or am I just having computer issues?

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pace
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 04:20:55 PM »
I see what you mean. That link in the menu to the left isn't working. Here's a link for ya ...

http://www.fjrowners.com/pace.html
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline Aprilian

• some guys can't get enough horsepower!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 05:53:19 PM »
Hi and welcome.  there is a Tiny URL in my signature.
Ian

"Crossing the centerline at any time except during a passing maneuver is intolerable, another sign that you're pushing too hard to keep up. Even when you have a clean line of sight through a left-hand kink, stay to the right of the centerline." Nick Ienatsch, The Pace http://tinyurl.com/3bxn82

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 06:17:11 PM »
Oops, fixed now.

Welcome to the site. Aside from noticing things that are broken on the site and being pointed here by a friend, care to share anything about yourself and riding?

Offline Rex

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 07:28:03 PM »
Thanks much for fixing the link Ray! A little about myself then... I rode a lot of dirt biking when I was young (long time ago) & have always loved motorcycling. I haven't owned a bike now for over 20 years  since my Honda 900CB. I've always kept my license current & have rented a few times now & then but finally bought a Honda 1300st this last may & have really enjoyed it. I've really missed that acceleration & the feel of the winding turns. My girlfriend over the last few years has no love for motorcycling (had a pretty bad accident on one when she was 16) and has always discouraged me from getting one & has been a sore spot between us. Couldn't stand it any more and just told her she didn't need to get on it. She has been on it a few times which I've attempted to make very enjoyable & never pass anyone when she's riding with me. Funny that no one passes me when I'm by self. I need some new riding buddies because staying under 60 miles an hour just doesn't cut it some times. I almost bought one of those 3 wheel spider bikes to make riding fun with her but after test riding one I just couldn't see getting it. If she wasn't with me there's no way I'd really enjoy riding that thing by myself. Just doesn't feel or ride like a motorcycle at all. Tried to add an attachment with a picture of my bike with my girlfriend on it but the "choose file" doesn't seem to be working. If u seen the picture of her you wouldn't judge me to harshly why I didnt just say goodbye to her long ago and get the bike. A gorgeous looking Venezualan who looks like Miss universe but a man has still got to have his motorcycle right? I'll stop rambling & look forward to spring & getting the bike out and hopefully can connect with some members who have been riding with the "Pace group"

Offline carlson_mn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 09:41:34 PM »
Pictures or Ban.....

Welcome.  That ST is a capable bike in the twisties in the right hands. 
- Matt from Richfield
2008 FJR1300.  Yeah, it's got a shaft and bags. Let's ride

Offline Joel S

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 01:37:53 PM »
Lol carlson, welcome, another big bike guy here on a 09 kawa C14
16 FJR ES               More seat time, less feet time.