Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:02:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anyone's wife or girlfriend ride?  (Read 1406 times)

Offline T-revzr

• View Profile
Anyone's wife or girlfriend ride?
« on: February 03, 2012, 11:52:24 PM »
Curious if anyone's girlfriend or wife rides motorcycle? My fiancé bought a bike as well And I know she'd like to meet some gals that ride as well. Is there any couples rides or anything like that? She's new to bikes but is learning. She bought a fz6r and that's her first bike. Probably a little to big for a first bike, but she's doing alright so far for her first time.

Offline RCKT GRL

• View Profile
Re: Anyone's wife or girlfriend ride?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 10:46:34 AM »
Hi and welcome!  There are several women on this forum that ride and do so very well, i'm sure that they would be happy to meet and/or ride with your wife.  I don't recall that we've had any couples rides, but that could be a possibility? 

As a start, I'd suggest a couple of courses for your wife to consider taking to improve her skills:

http://www.ridesaferidesmart.com/
This motorcycle training class is run by our very own Brent & Debby Jass.  I've heard that it is a wonderful program.  Training locations in Windom and Fairmont, MN. 

http://www.hedonistic-enthusiasm.com/
this is a cornering and safety seminar held once yearly at Dakota County Technical College (DCTC).  First timer sessions are only $50 and well worth the time and money!  There is even a womens only session.

http://www.zaluskyridingschool.com/ars.htm
ZARS is an advanced riding school which is again held at DCTC in Rosemount.  This may be a goal for your wife to consider after doing one or both of the above classes.  Many of the local riders have ridden at ZARS more than a few times.  Great instruction and training. 

If nothing else, come out to one of the track dates at DCTC to watch and meet up with some fellow riders.  We'd love to meet you both!

~D
Those who have actually NEVER tried riding the track could learn a thing or 10 about being a better streetrider; because let's be honest; none of us (Greg) are as great as we think we are. LMAO!

Duc Man

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 02:07:44 PM »
H.E. is on hiatus until further notice

Offline RCDinMN

• bluetanktours.com
    • View Profile
    • Blue Tank Tours
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 07:46:13 AM »
I met a gal from the north side of the cities this weekend, her name is Lynn.  She's the president of a womens riding group from the state.  Might be a great place to start.  Send her an email at

anderborg@live.com

please use the word "bluetank" in the subject line, so she knows where the referral comes from.  Lynn rides a cruiser bike and takes trips all over the place with other women.

Chris.

Offline kp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 09:46:11 AM »
Hi, what part of the metro are you in?

I'd be happy to ride with your fiance. I'm in B'ville near
B'ville PKWY and cr 5. I also have a fz6, great bike for touring.