Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 07:07:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RETIRED BUT NOT DEAD YET  (Read 1705 times)

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
RETIRED BUT NOT DEAD YET
« on: April 09, 2010, 06:28:59 PM »
  Hi,a fellow from the MN Sportbike site told me about you folks. I'm 64 next month,a retired mechanic,been riding and wrenching on bikes for 50+yrs. I was a West Banker and CRA racer in the 70s and after 34 yrs of commuter riding I mostly just do short putts north and west of town. My real joy is to head for the hills southeast of Lake Pepin at least once a month. My herd is down to 4 now-'81 GS1100E,'82 XJ650 Seca,'94 XJR400(Japanese Market bike),'02 Aprilia RST Futura(for the hill country). I tend to avoid weekends due to heavy traffic and generally only get to ride mondays as I tend my 4y/o grandson the other days. I also sail a 14' Javelin on local lakes. I'm hoping to find others who still like to strafe apexes but leave the wheelies and demon braking to the squid squad. 'Guzzi John' Pierson-Champlin,Mn ::) ;D ;)
john pierson

Offline Busa dave

• Faster for the Master
    • View Profile
Re: RETIRED BUT NOT DEAD YET
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 10:54:45 PM »
Hey John, another old fart here. I have been riding with the WBMC for 10 to 12 years and MSTA is a great group. Check out the TWiSTAR ride coming out May 21-23 in WI, as we have a lot of fun. Look forward to meeting you.  dave

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 08:38:00 AM »
 Hi Dave,you're just south of me. What's your schedule like as some days I don't pick up grandson 'til after noon?JP :D
john pierson

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 08:16:14 PM »
Welcome to the forum! Gotta say, I'm a bit disappointed. Based on your username I was hoping to see a Lemans in your stable....

Either way looking forward to seeing you on a ride. Most of the rides run here are done pretty much in the middle of nowhere, so traffic generally isn't a problem, and there are a few folks with schedule flexibility like yours so keep an eye out on the rides forum.