Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:35:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cradar - CRAsh Detection And Response App.  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Neub

• Randy Neubauer
    • View Profile
Cradar - CRAsh Detection And Response App.
« on: February 14, 2012, 08:03:03 AM »
In the back of my mind when I play around in the twisties by myself is the possibility of an unforeseen incident and how long I might be there.  Ran onto this free android app on another site.  Following is a link for more info http://actionxl.com/CRADAR.html

Top line details:

CRADAR is a man-down application that runs on any Android phone.

CRADAR senses when you fall, waits 30-120 seconds (whatever you set it for), and if it doesn't see you move at least 8 feet, sends a text message to one of your contacts telling them you might be hurt. This gives your contact a chance to call you to see if you're ok.

In the text message is a link to Google Maps with your GPS coordinates.
If they don't get an answer, they know exactly where you are, and have the GPS coordinates so other people can find you too.

2009 BMW K1300s

Offline Aprilian

• some guys can't get enough horsepower!
    • View Profile
Re: Cradar - CRAsh Detection And Response App.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 08:41:27 AM »
With my luck, I'd drop my phone and my wife would go into panic mode. 

A lot of places in WI have spotty cell coverage, so you may still be left without support.

You could consider the Spot gizmo, that uses satellite and will tell your last known location for searchers to start looking.  I played with one last year and wasn't that impressed with the software for reporting your trip.  I sold it, it needs to see the sky so it has to be mounted on the bike.  If you crash and get thrown from the bike, you have to crawl to the bike to activate its SOS mode.    I prefer just riding with a wide safety margin.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 08:49:20 AM by Aprilian »
Ian

"Crossing the centerline at any time except during a passing maneuver is intolerable, another sign that you're pushing too hard to keep up. Even when you have a clean line of sight through a left-hand kink, stay to the right of the centerline." Nick Ienatsch, The Pace http://tinyurl.com/3bxn82

Offline Kevin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 12:48:22 PM »
This device might be useful to me since I always ride alone. I'm going to look into it.

Offline Joel S

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 03:29:42 PM »
interesting, thanks for the link
16 FJR ES               More seat time, less feet time.