Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:02:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A couple hundred miles into the riding season so far and...  (Read 1894 times)

Offline carlson_mn

• View Profile
A couple hundred miles into the riding season so far and...
« on: March 06, 2012, 08:54:35 PM »
damn do I feel sore.  Rode about 100 miles today.  Lower back and back of my shoulders especially.  I did not have any of this at the end of last season, but I think I feel like this after my first couple rides each season.  Commuting today on the bike and rush hour doesn't help though.  I also think I have been tense on the bike since I've been uncomfortable with my heated liner stuffed under my already-a-bit snug size 46 riding jacket.  I have a 48 on order.

After a few months of down time I think the body takes a while to re-adjust to being back on the bike.  Anybody else have this same feeling the first few rides of your season?
- Matt from Richfield
2008 FJR1300.  Yeah, it's got a shaft and bags. Let's ride

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
Re: A couple hundred miles into the riding season so far and...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 10:00:36 PM »

After a few months of down time I think the body takes a while to re-adjust to being back on the bike.  Anybody else have this same feeling the first few rides of your season?

Absolutely. Even with weekly trips to the gym during the off-season, those first few rides seam to be using muscles that rarely get used other than on the bike.

The aches & pains are always gone for me after the first couple rides. Until then, Advil. :)
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline Hope2Ride

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 10:03:57 PM »
Yep, went out and rode over 200 miles today. I was fine once I got home but my back and neck were sore while riding. I had my heated jacket on today for the first time and having the heat on my back and neck felt great!

2011 Honda CBR 250R

Offline Jvs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 01:32:22 AM »
The pain didn't bother me today as much as all the water and road gunk!
"you thought you had it bad, try staring at his butt crack the last 50 miles"

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 07:28:43 PM »
I'm still sore from riding the snowmobile last weekend. Legs and my neck from wearing my helmet are really sore.

Offline carlson_mn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 07:44:17 PM »
I'm still sore from riding the snowmobile last weekend. Legs and my neck from wearing my helmet are really sore.

I saw a video somebody posted over at TA, surprised that guy did not break any bones (the guy with tree damage to his sled).

How many hours/miles do you like to ride on a sled?  I've only putzed around on lakes before on others' sleds but riding a trail I'm sure it's all legs.
- Matt from Richfield
2008 FJR1300.  Yeah, it's got a shaft and bags. Let's ride