Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:45:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bad Performance  (Read 2332 times)

Offline bearfighter

• View Profile
Bad Performance
« on: April 13, 2010, 04:36:12 PM »
Question for you all! I was riding today and as I came into a corner about 60mph, I noticed that my bike didn’t want to respond. It was like I was in to high of a gear but my RPM were in 10,000. Not sure why it was performing like that. It only happened once and I’m not sure if I should be concerned or not.

Offline beedawg

• View Profile
    • Ride Safe, Ride Smart! Motorcycle Safety Training
Re: Bad Performance
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 04:52:40 PM »
Question for you all! I was riding today and as I came into a corner about 60mph, I noticed that my bike didn’t want to respond. It was like I was in to high of a gear but my RPM were in 10,000. Not sure why it was performing like that. It only happened once and I’m not sure if I should be concerned or not.

They all do that.

;)

Offline jlk_250

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 10:12:34 AM »

You hit the rev limiter.  I'm guessing that you were accelerating out of the corner at the time the power dropped off.  Beware of shifting mid-corner while leaned way over. Unless you're really good, it's best to either be in a lower gear at the start of the corner or wait until the bike straightens up somewhat before shifting.  I had an oops doing that once. 

Also, hitting the rev limiter is not so bad for the engine but if you had downshifted at that point it would definitely have been bad for the engine. 

Jon

Offline Tumbler

• View Profile
    • Better Livivng Thru Mondern Chemistry
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 09:57:42 PM »
Also, hitting the rev limiter is not so bad for the engine but if you had downshifted at that point it would definitely have been bad for the engine.

No to mention bad for him as well!!
Mark Cell  612-910-3339    Business website: http://www.amway.com/justlivin
Check it out...great deals for riding season snacks & such!!

Offline bearfighter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 05:30:06 AM »
Either way it pissed me off.