Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:53:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ride with an iPod?  (Read 4293 times)

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
Re: Ride with an iPod?
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 06:05:41 PM »
  I have stock exhaust,good ear plugs,and sing Pavarotti's greatest hits as I swoop through the hills.GJ ::)
john pierson

Offline flyinlow

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 08:41:41 PM »
I had custom molded ear plugs with speakers made a few years ago. Only way to go, you get good external noise reduction and can listen to the tunes at a normal volume.

2008 Ducati Monster S4Rs Tricolore

Offline Tumbler

• View Profile
    • Better Livivng Thru Mondern Chemistry
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 01:00:55 AM »
I had custom molded ear plugs with speakers made a few years ago. Only way to go, you get good external noise reduction and can listen to the tunes at a normal volume.

I've thought about getting those at the M/C show but wonder if they can be made to work with the different headsets out there like the Scala Riders & such.
Mark Cell  612-910-3339    Business website: http://www.amway.com/justlivin
Check it out...great deals for riding season snacks & such!!

Offline Tumbler

• View Profile
    • Better Livivng Thru Mondern Chemistry
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 01:03:35 AM »
Since I got the new Scala Rider this winter I have only used it connected to my IPod a few times and even on the new one the sound quality sucks.

That's good to know.  Maybe I'll look at other options before upgrading to the newest version.

A couple summers ago Vander told me about an in-line amp you can use with the ipod/Scala rider combo that worked well for him.

I should see if I can find that link again.  I remember it was pretty cheap & easy to use.
Mark Cell  612-910-3339    Business website: http://www.amway.com/justlivin
Check it out...great deals for riding season snacks & such!!

Offline Hope2Ride

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 12:27:17 PM »

Since I got the new Scala Rider this winter I have only used it connected to my IPod a few times and even on the new one the sound quality sucks.

That's good to know.  Maybe I'll look at other options before upgrading to the newest version.

A couple summers ago Vander told me about an in-line amp you can use with the ipod/Scala rider combo that worked well for him.

I should see if I can find that link again.  I remember it was pretty cheap & easy to use.

You can borrow mine sometime and try it out if you'd like to hear it for yourself

2011 Honda CBR 250R