Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:28:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Possible girls ride??  (Read 8179 times)

Duc Man

Re: Possible girls ride??
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 10:19:50 PM »
Missing my point. Greg, you posted a disclaimer in your ride like a waring label not a doesn't include you if.. statement. My point comes from a rights background and having worked with abuse survivors and learning what equality means to many women. Strong independent women want a level playing field not a "pink section" for girls only. Would I go on the ride? If a female friend said to me "I would like you to go with, or take me 2 up so I can go or etc.." then yes. Am I beiing a dick just to be one, NO.

Offline Elk

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 10:23:37 PM »
I prefer setting up rides that meet the desires and wishes of the organizers - and then inviting everyone along.  :)

I also hope that all women riders feel they are welcome.  It is OK if the women want to set up a ride to be together - as long as they feel welcome and encouraged to come along on all group rides.

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2011, 11:26:21 PM »
Wow, this thread certainly got some legs.

Personally, I'm open to anyone posting up whatever kind of ride they want to do on the forum. This gives everyone the opportunity to be aware of riding opportunities and to pick and choose the rides they go on. Thanks Bobbi for posting this.

I think we all appreciate the effort it takes to put on a ride, and I hope we can respect anyone's attempt at it, whether we agree or disagree with the way they set up their ride or whether it is a ride that is of interest to us or not. With this in mind, with all the seasoned (hmmm, verging on crusty) folks here, hopefully we have constructive suggestions or offers of assistance for people organizing rides, but out of respect for what it takes to put on a ride, hopefully we refrain from criticism.

I like to think that a focus on rides and riding above and beyond everything else is what this forum is about. With this in mind, I'm glad when folks post any rides on the forum. This gives us more riding opportunities and even if they aren't for me, that doesn't mean that they won't be of interest to others. Lastly if folks post rides which aren't of interest to people here, I'd expect the lack of response to be the simplest and best way to indicate that the poster is wasting their time posting their rides here.

Thanks again for posting Bobbi. Best of luck putting this ride together!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 11:30:17 PM by Ray916MN »

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2011, 07:01:08 AM »
Duc Man,    I sometimes have a pretty large chip on my shoulder regarding posting rides and flak taken for said rides. I apologize for my hot-headed response.
I look forward to many new members stepping up and posting rides.  :)

Save the Ta-Ta's!
Greg
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2011, 09:14:28 AM »
Bobbi, don't be discouraged... If you need\want some routes there are lots on the forums here. I don't see any any reason that somebody can't organize any ride they want and include or exclude who they want.   
Chris
----------

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2011, 02:11:25 PM »
 If a girls ride is wanted and organized, and all you need is someone with knowledge of the roads to guide you through. I'll volunteer, what better way to spend the day than with a bunch of woman who ride motorcycles............. (I'll even go ride some of the roads a couple times at the stops if you all want your "girl time", although I sure I would enjoy hanging around a bunch good looking women for the stops as much...lol)

My intro ride route and pace of last year would probably be a good fit !

I understand her concept and agree-so instead of saying something negative or derragatory about it, post nothing-if no one participates in a posters rides, sooner or later they will figure out they need a new approach.

You know when I posted up a rides, I got tired of peeps chimming in, so I don't post them any longer! So who is ultimately losing out ?

Good luck Bobbi !
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Vander

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2011, 10:16:32 PM »
 I support it too... have fun, girls!  :)

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2011, 08:22:39 AM »
Let them girls ride, no point to be made here. Ride safe have fun.
MIKE DULUTH
Push Harder

Offline Bobbter600RR

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2011, 12:39:52 PM »
Wow, I didnt mean to start a controversy. I can admit it might have been a mistake to put "Revenge of the females" I got a little carried away, my bad. I want to have a woman's ride so We can get more women out there and comfortable with riding. My hope after this was to take many of these new female riders and get them on some of MSTA's rides. Ive only been riding for a couple of years and I only know maybe six female riders. Im not leading it because Ive never lead a ride and I dont want it to be a disaster. I found us a leader instead. Im hosting it because there has been talk of a girls ride for the past year but no one has DONE anything about it, so I stepped up, because I want one. I dont want to alienate the males of this forum The  reason I joined this forum is because I really like you guys and really value the knowledge you guys have. I do have to say that for my experiences riding is a male place and I want to women to feel comfortable here too because gender doesn't/shouldn't mean your better at something. I mainly posted this ride up here because I know that most of the more experienced riders come here so I was hoping to integrate some of those people with the mass of new female riders I know will be going.  I know I can't make everyone happy, but I will stand by this ride.

Offline Bobbter600RR

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2011, 12:48:34 PM »
Thank you guy for the support and the criticism. Even the negative comments can give some Ideas or let you know when someone doesn't like something, I might not be able to change it but at least I know your upset and can try to smooth thing out because I want to bridge the gap and i want to keep good relations going with the members of this forum. I am a newer rider so I will do my best to heed any good advice from any stand point.    :)

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2011, 01:30:12 PM »
No worries kid, there are always people that read more into shit than is there. This is a forum after all, once you meet most of these people, they will be way different in person. All good people to ride with around here.
Push Harder

Offline Elk

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2011, 10:38:56 PM »
I want to have a woman's ride so We can get more women out there and comfortable with riding.

Pretty hard to disagree with this goal. :)

Let us know how it goes.

Offline Bobbter600RR

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2011, 08:30:03 PM »
So, I have two ladies who are backpacks and I am looking for a couple of guys who might be willing to backpack them on this ride, I will take recommendations as well, I will give you guys each other's contact info so you guys can make sure your comfortable with each other. I will hopefully have a route before the end of the week. Once everything is finalized I will post it!! Cant wait for this!! riders should probably pm me if your ok with a backpack and want to go. Thanks!

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2011, 09:35:35 PM »
I could maybe give some one a ride if it isn't on one of our msta rides. They could ride on my CBR or my HD.

Offline Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2011, 12:14:14 AM »
I would do it, let me know
Chris
----------