Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:05:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Possible girls ride??  (Read 8180 times)

Offline Bobbter600RR

• View Profile
Possible girls ride??
« on: April 21, 2011, 07:07:15 PM »
Ok I want us to have another girls ride!!! I will post this on all the forums I am a part of so hopefully the crowd will be bigger this year. I really think the girls need to show their support for riding!!

Im not sure how to make this a poll or where this thread will be seen most but here goes..

Post up whats best for you
-weekdays/weekends
-months
-times
-etc

dont worry about getting too specific yet I need to see how many ladies we can get.. I will not be leading this, but I will start talking to people who know the back roads pretty good and once we get a time frame that works best Ill get a leader, a sweeper (if the group is big enough) and a route!!

Can't wait!!!

Oh and post if you are ok with having a passenger so maybe we can give couple more girls the chance to go.

Offline Racey_Stacey

• View Profile
Re: Possible girls ride??
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 07:21:14 PM »
As I said...I'm in! If I don't have my license by then I would wanna backpack with someone *cough cough, Denyse*   ;D

Offline Bobbter600RR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 03:35:58 PM »
I like the once a month big girls rides. I don't know any female riders who know the roads, so if your confident that you will be a comfortable leader and know the roads please let me know and I want to create a couple of routes with you.. Im thinking the first girls ride could be early to mid June, because it sounds like most of the ladies I have heard from will not be available until around then. Please PM if your interested in leading or sweeping as I am all for completely eliminating guys from this ride. I figured we could do a longer ride, maybe stop for lunch again. once I get a route and have an area we can talk about where we might want to stop, what we want to eat etc... CAN'T WAIT!!!

Oh and I was thinking that we could have a couple backpacks at least and they could be in charge of most of the pictures and videos!!

(this is the update so far from the other forum)

Offline Tim...

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 05:58:43 PM »
"eliminating guys from this ride" We are a friendly respectful bunch of guys, who like to ride motorcycles.  Organize an open ride for everybody, you might be surprised... My experience with the MSTA has to do with character, not gender.

Sorry for the thread-jack.

Offline Bobbter600RR

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 06:18:40 PM »
its ok Tim, no worries. I am just doing this because I think it would be a great opportunity for the women of all the forums to be able to meet and ride for one all girls ride. I do plan on creating and attending regular rides, but In my experience it has been very rare that I have gotten to meet new female riders on group rides and last year we had one of these and it was a great success. I guess its more like a meet and greet/ride to get all those women out there. Sometimes it is nice to have a few of your own gender to ride with what ever their experience level. I actually posted this on MSTA because I know that a lot of the female riders on here are ALOT more experiences and seasoned then most of the new riders who will be going so I thought it would be nice, if any of them are interested, for them to come and share their experiences and for the younger riders to see how the seasoned riders ride.. At least it sounded brilliant in my head... ;D

Offline Bobbter600RR

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 06:22:43 PM »
posted in group rides.. And after this ride I really hope that we can get a lot more mixed group out there for some rides   :headbang:

Offline Tim...

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 06:44:14 PM »
From the post in group rides "ALL GIRLS RIDE!!!!! REVENGE OF THE FEMALES!!!!"

What revenge do you have planning?

Offline RCKT GRL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 08:12:21 PM »
Ok, #1...  there is nothing wrong with attempting to set up a "girls" ride.  However on this forum in particular there is a very large number of male riders that are well over the 30 yr old age group.  Most of these riders have many years experience from which you would benefit greatly from.  Thus if you eliminated them from the equation,  you would lose out I feel.  Since you have stated that you wouldn't be leading or even know some of the routes, I'm not sure of the actual purpose of the ride?  If you are simply looking for a get together, why not do so without alienating those riders from which you could benefit the most from? 

I'm all about being a strong, independent woman, but there is an intelligent way of going about having your roar heard.
Those who have actually NEVER tried riding the track could learn a thing or 10 about being a better streetrider; because let's be honest; none of us (Greg) are as great as we think we are. LMAO!

Duc Man

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 08:12:48 PM »
This does not best describe this forum and it's members. We are all ages and both female and male. We are serious riders and promote events that include all members and not exclude any members. I can appreciate you promoting sister hood with riding but wish you would look at it from the standpoint that we are all riders despite our gender or age and should promote riding that includes not excludes.

Offline Elk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 08:32:41 PM »
This really is a great group which will support anyone and everyone.

My impression is that a number of the women in question are newer riders.  Perhaps we could put together a beginner friendly ride with maybe a few extra stops for idea sharing and socializing.  There are a number of good instructors and observant thoughtful riders in the group.

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 08:48:38 PM »
So the girls want to have their own ride. Good for them. As they get better they'll start leading us around. Maybe.

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 08:54:33 PM »
"eliminating guys from this ride" We are a friendly respectful bunch of guys, who like to ride motorcycles.  Organize an open ride for everybody, you might be surprised... My experience with the MSTA has to do with character, not gender.

Sorry for the thread-jack.
Ok, #1...  there is nothing wrong with attempting to set up a "girls" ride.  However on this forum in particular there is a very large number of male riders that are well over the 30 yr old age group.  Most of these riders have many years experience from which you would benefit greatly from.  Thus if you eliminated them from the equation,  you would lose out I feel.  Since you have stated that you wouldn't be leading or even know some of the routes, I'm not sure of the actual purpose of the ride?  If you are simply looking for a get together, why not do so without alienating those riders from which you could benefit the most from?  

I'm all about being a strong, independent woman, but there is an intelligent way of going about having your roar heard.
This does not best describe this forum and it's members. We are all ages and both female and male. We are serious riders and promote events that include all members and not exclude any members. I can appreciate you promoting sister hood with riding but wish you would look at it from the standpoint that we are all riders despite our gender or age and should promote riding that includes not excludes.
This really is a great group which will support anyone and everyone.

My impression is that a number of the women in question are newer riders.  Perhaps we could put together a beginner friendly ride with maybe a few extra stops for idea sharing and socializing.  There are a number of good instructors and observant thoughtful riders in the group.

If someone wants to organize a "girls only" ride good heavens ,leave them be. There are a million different riding styles and varying levels of interest in motorcycling in this group.

So the girls want to have their own ride. Good for them.

Agreed!
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Duc Man

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 09:28:34 PM »
Getting on my soap box for a minute. Let's turn this around, say I post a "guy's" only ride? and made a revenge statement? I would be judged quite harshly and asked why I hate women and probably be black listed and looked down upon. I'm all for promoting the sport to everyone but drawing attention to gender on this forum is not right. The other forums with all the gossip & drama is perfect for this. Just feels like the wrong place for this.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 09:34:22 PM by Duc Man »

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 09:44:46 PM »
A couple years ago I posted up a ride here and my post went something like this.
"Looking to get out with a few like-minded riders. I like to do about 15-20mph over posted in the straights and "do-your-own-thing" in the corners". I spelled out exactly what a rider could expect riding with me.
I got flamed by a couple folks (none of the people in this thread, in fact I don't remember who chimed in) and they stated, "that's not the way we ride here"

My point being ..... some folks like to ride 800lb  bikes at 10mph under posted, and some like to get a little more aggressive on their rides. Just as I don't like being told "that's not what we do here", I take exception to saying" that's not what we do here" to other riders. If the women want to do a "girls night out" ride, let them. They live in a male-dominated world already ... especially the motorcycle community. I have empathy for women and understand their need to just be with the girls.  

And yes, you can make the "equal opportunity" argument, but really man .. are you gonna loose sleep over it? By definition, the 'Curves" ladies workout gyms are illegal as hell, but they exist.

Feh, rant over  :)

These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 10:04:23 PM »
If you are feeling left out you can have an all guys ride that same day.
It's still raining out, is their any mud left to sling.